FSBO’s and expired listings are not exempted from the application of the federal Do Not Call rules.
Stay in compliance with Do Not Call Registry rules
All Realtors calling consumers in the United States are required to download the numbers on the Do Not Call Registry to ensure they do not call those who have registered their phone numbers.
The first five area codes are free. Telemarketers must subscribe each year for access to the Registry numbers.
- Exemptions for complying with the Do Not Call Registry rules include:
- informational calls,
- political calls,
- calls promoting a political party or candidate,
- business-to-business calls,
- solicitations for charitable contributions,
- calls involving an established prior business relationship within 18 months preceding a call and
- calls to consumers who have given written permission to call.Access the National Do Not Call Registry here.
It takes time for Florida to upload its list into the federal registry.
Check Florida’s Do Not Call list.