Preparing your property for staging
Thoroughly clean whole house: vacuum, mop, clean countertops, clean windows
Replace all burned out light bulbs
Use bulbs of the same temperature
Turn all ceiling fans, Televisions and computer screens off
Open blinds and window treatments
Remove personal photographs or replace with general landscape or object photographs
Make all beds
Remove small floor rugs to reveal actual flooring
Place all shoes and jackets in closets
- Clean any mold or mildew from all walls, driveways, fencing
- Close garage doors
- Remove cars from driveway and front of home
- Clean up landscaping: mow, trim shrubs, clear leaves, etc.
- Remove empty planters
- Use broom to remove cobwebs from eaves and door frames
- Remove visible water hoses
- Remove toys, sports balls, basketball goals, soccer goals, etc.
Clean porch, tidy up outdoor tables, chairs and cushions
Pillows and cushions should be fresh, not faded
Clear out kid’s toys, balls, frisbees, etc.
Remove pool vacuum and cleaner hose
Turn on pool fountains and water features
Remove visible water hoses
Remove trash cans
- Remove stacks of magazines, papers, mail, etc.
- De-clutter fireplace mantel and hearth
- Clean interior of fireplace and re-paint if needed
- Fluff and arrange furniture pillows
- Remove kid’s toys
- Clear countertops completely. No soap, toothbrushes, medications, deodorant, etc.
- Put toilet seats down
- Close closet doors
- Remove shampoo, soap, loofahs, etc. from showers and tubs
- Remove dirty towels – leave out only new, unused towels
- Remove floor mats
- Place food and water bowls in pantry or closet
- Place pet beds and toys in pantry or closet
- Use lint roller on furniture to remove pet hair
- Contain pets in hidden crate or outside
- Clear back yard of pet waste and toys